A solid education in obedience and leadership is essential to teach your German Shepherd the rules of his new human world.
Successful puppy training depends on several important principles:
1. Use simple, one-word commands and say them only once. Otherwise, the puppy learns that come (or sit or down) is a three- or four-word command.
2. Never correct your dog for something he did minutes earlier.
3. Always praise (and treat ) as soon as he does something good (or when he stops doing something naughty).
4. Be consistent. You can't snuggle together on the couch to watch TV today, then scold him for climbing onto the couch tomorrow.
5. Never call your dog to come to you and then correct him for something he did wrong. He will think that the correction is for coming to you and will be hesitant to respond to the come command in the future. (Think like a dog, remember?) Always go to the dog to stop unwanted behavior, but be sure you catch him in the act.
Good luck in your training and remember to have fun with your new German Shepherd puppy.
This video was produced by YT Wochit Entertainment using